The California Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has suspended 11 more medical providers from participation in the California workers’ compensation system. 274 total providers have been suspended thus far in 2018.
James Chen of Palmdale pled guilty to health care fraud in 2017, having billed over $60 million of fraudulent prescriptions for compounded drugs.
Errol and Thelma Lat of La Verne were convicted of paying and receiving remunerations for referrals in 2017, and co-conspired in a $4 million scheme to defraud Medicare with suspended provider Elaine Lat.
The following providers were also found guilty of health care fraud:
- Abdul Garba of Van Nuys
- Taliaferro Harris of Los Angeles
- Nick Nikbakht of Sherman Oaks
- Fernando Valdes of Garden Grove
The following providers surrendered or had their California medical license revoked due to other circumstances:
- Michael Basco of Maryland
- Rodney Davis of San Diego
- Luis Antonio Lomeli of Ontario
- Irineo Mallari of Morgan Hill