California’s Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has suspended 18 additional medical providers from the state’s workers’ compensation system. The total number of suspensions this year is now 263.
The following providers were convicted of health care fraud in federal court:
- Obiageli Brooke Agbu of Carson, and Emmanuel Adebayo Ayodele of Rolling Hills
- Joseph R. Altamirano of Newport Beach
- Aniceto Baliton of Diamond Bar, and Nestor Domingo of La Verne
- Theresa Fisher and Vi Nguyen of Orange
- Hakop Gambaryan of Van Nuys
- Hovik Simitian and Anahit Shatvoryan of Los Angeles
- L’Tanya Smith of Los Angeles physician’s assistant
- Knarik Vardumyan of Burbank
- Elaine Lat of La Verne
- Oxana Loutseiko of Granada Hills
The following providers surrendered or had their California medical license revoked due to other circumstances:
- John Couch of Mobile, Alabama had his license revoked in 2017 while under investigation for allegedly prescribing medically unnecessary controlled substances.
- Herbert Kloss of Mercer Island, Washington surrendered his license after allegations of professional misconduct.
- Thomas Murnane of Delmar, New York had his license revoked in 2017 for negligence and failure to maintain records.
- Frederick Dumas of Mendocino surrendered his license in 2016 after accusations of gross negligence and failure to maintain records.