The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office announced that 15 Southern California chiropractors were arrested on Thursday, May, 2, 2019 in a multimillion-dollar insurance fraud scheme. The ringleader, Yury Chernega, sent new patients to colleagues, who filed fake automobile collision medical claims on behalf of those patients.
Over the past few years, Chernega received $6 million in illegal kickback fees for the referrals, prosecutors said. Meanwhile, the 15 chiropractors defrauded approximately 30 insurance companies for roughly $500,000, the DA’s office said. They all face felony charges including insurance fraud, participating in patient referral rebates when licensed in the healing arts or as a chiropractor.
- Michael Milman, 53, of Beverly Hills;
- John Sherf, 43, Sherman Oaks;
- Victoria Davidovsky Lucas, 50, of Pacific Palisades;
- Sam Amirmoazzami, 45, of Encino;
- Kamiar Riahi, 44, of Woodland Hills;
- Ramin Lavi, 55, of Chatsworth;
- Gustavo Adolfo Nino, 55, of Pasadena;
- Kamron Nourgostar, 35, of Irvine;
- Jae Ho Park, 51, of Coto de Caza;
- Danush Haghani, 46, of Yorba Linda;
- David Wayne Ginoza, 54, of Torrance;
- Alan P. Grubstein, 69, of Rancho Cucamonga;
- Robin Stacy Long, 50, of Newhall; and
- Nahid Haji Acs, 62, of Rancho Cucamonga.
Most of them will be arraigned on Monday, May 6.
Click here to read the felony complaint.